Elephants, camels, oxen, horses cats, canaries, even slugs played a vital role on the front line. Join us at the trenches to find out more about the important and diverse work of animals through demonstrations, activities, displays and exhibits.
- Explore the many roles horses played in WW1 with the Pollok Park Clydesdales and our WWI blacksmith
- Learn about vital front line messengers, with a talk by Malcolm Moy @ 2pm and an all day showing of racing and fancy pigeons
- Hear the story of cavalry regiment the Royal Scots Greys, with an all day display and talk @ 1pm by Paul Newman, Assistant Curator of the Regimental Museum The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards
- Decorate a pigeon glider with a secret message and see how far it flies on our training course.
- Discover the story of the real Winnie the Pooh and other wartime pets and mascots
2060 Pollokshaws Rd
Glasgow, G43 1AT