Open Day Highlights!
- The Living and the Dead: Australia and the Battle of Fromelles 1.30pm Join Professor Tony Pollard as he University of Glasgow, talks about the excavation of mass graves of Australian troops at Fromelles in France.
- “Over There”- America in the First World War 2.30pm Join historian James Taub as he leads a discussion on the Doughboys part in the war, race, regionalism, and the First World War’s place in American history and memory.
- ‘Take me out to the ball game’ Try your hand at the sport American soldiers brought to Europe during WW1. Will you hit a home run? Or will it be one, two, three strikes you’re out at the old ballgame?
- Buttons and Badges: Each country involved in the WW1 had designs on the buttons of their uniform. Can you guess which buttons belong to which countries? Try our quiz and find out! Or Make your own button badge to take home!
- Doughboys and Dominions: Exhibition looking what the Yanks brought to the final stages of the conflict and how Commonwealth contributions triggered independence movements around the globe.
2060 Pollokshaws Rd
Glasgow, G43 1AT